Jul 20

A Bittersweet Move

A little over two years ago, I started Online Bible Studies on my blog, but before that this space was just my blog.  A place where I invited ladies into my life and we would just share life experiences. It was casual, but I did have a purpose in mind. From the beginning, I wanted every person who visited me on my blog, to leave with hope.

Monday, July 22,2013, Online Bible Studies will be moving off of my blog. OBS has a beautiful new home with all the bells and whistles over on the Proverbs 31 Website. I am so excited about this move. What started with small beginnings has evolved into a world-wide gathering of women. We’ve had 92,000 sign ups on OBS in just a little over two years. I’m so proud of this. Not in a boastful way. I’m bragging on the Lord. He is amazing.

And I’m proud of you too. Because you have committed to study the Bible through life changing topical Bible study books, a one of a kind community has formed. It wouldn’t and couldn’t have happened without you.  Thank you. I love you. I pray for you. And I’m so blessed that I get to do life with you, my Bible study group.

We’ve always kept it real around here, so why stop now. While recording my “farewell” video, life got crazy.(kids,dogs, photo bomb.Need I say more?) I could and probably should have done this over. But we’re all friends, right?

Moving Forward:

Online Bible Studies will be saying good-bye to this home, but Melissa Taylor will not. For the next month, I’ll be working to update this site where I will return to blogging regularly about life’s happenings and God’s hope and goodness again. I want to invite you all to come back and visit real soon.

If you are signed up for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God (meaning you filled out the form in the right column of this blog) then you will receive Proverbs 31 OBS updates directly to your email. Or you can go directly to the new OBS site here:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/.

Would you leave me a message today? Maybe just a prayer, encouraging words, or what Online Bible Studies has meant to you. That would mean a lot to me.

Hope to see all of you at our new home and I look forward to some personal visits from you back here as well.

Love & Blessings!

Winner of the Lysa TerKeurst Prize Pack:

Becky Prince, email beginning becky_prince24

Comments

1. Stephanie M says:

I have done a few OBS, and I have enjoyed every one of them. I always love your videos! It has been great to study with other ladies. I don’t get the chance to do that in person at my church, so this has meant a great deal to me. Melissa, you are awesome!

2. Donna J says:

Melissa, you have truly been a blessing with every Bible study you have begun online. I look forward to beginning this one as well and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me and every other woman who has said “yes” to God already. I am also praying for those who are still afraid to take that final step of faith and follow God with an open heart and open hands ready to say “yes”!

Blessings,

Donna

3. Sandy Weber says:

Saying “Yes” will be my first OBS. I am very excited to start this journey. I thank God and you for starting the OBS. I can’t believe you are reaching 106 countries at last count, just shows how amazing our God is! God bless you in all of your endeavors and I can’t wait to read your blogs!

4. I love the video farewell. That is real life. And I can’t wait to share in real life studies and stories with Online Bible Studies. Thank you for all your work to make this happen. And letting God use you in such a powerful way. And through OBS, allowing others to be used and blessed.

5. DeeRokc says:

The previous online studies I participated in were very challenging & thought provoking. But what I remember most fondly Melissa, is when you personally took the time to pray with & for me at a difficult time. So personal, so beautiful, so loving. Thank you for the “personal touch.” Wishing you much success and happiness as you re-claim your personal blog.

Your “precious baby” has grown & flourished under your loving care & guidance, now your ” precious baby” is headed for greater opportunities to share The Word. Makes me think of a child going off to school, with a whole new set of experiences & excitement just waiting to unfold. Congratulations Melissa, your have raised your baby well. This huge growth spurt in participation is tangible proof. Praying the very best for this new online study and your new blog.

6. Meliss

I have done a few OBS with you and absolutly loved them all. You have truly been a blessing and used of God. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us and for making us laugh. Love ya. Till the next visit, God bless you.

7. Melissa,
    I actually met a woman at my church who told me about this Bible study. It turns out we’d both been reading “What Happens When Women Say YES to God”. I was a bit farther along but we were doing the same study. I’ve since finished the study on my own but I am looking forward to doing it with a group online. How exciting! I’ve done OBS before. You see, I am disabled with chronic illness and pain. There are days I am not able to get to church at all. I love being able to find things online so I can connect with other believers and truly grow in my spirit. This study also came into my life when I was going through a dark time. In the past two months I’ve been hospitalized twice, I had to allow my parents guardianship over my 9-year-old son due to my health, and I broke off my engagement with a man I had been living with for a year. I moved out of his home 4 weeks ago and am staying with my parents and my son. Although these events have saddened me, I have discovered a deep peace because I know it’s the right thing to do and I am honoring God with my decisions. I am still friends with the man I was going to marry but I am relying on the Lord in this. Until he comes to know the Lord, I have no business being yoked to him. I’m praying for his salvation and trusting the Lord to move in his life.
    I’m really glad I found your page. I’m looking forward to the study and I’m so happy the Lord is working in your life.
    Blessings,
    Carol

8. LOVE the video, it was perfect! I’m glad you didn’t redo it!!! :)

9. Heavenly Father, I lift up Melissa and all of the women you have called to join this study. Please continue to work in each of us, rise your Spirit in us to act on the times we need to say YES to you. Give us the power that you alone can give to bring you Glory! In your Holy and precious name we pray, Amen

10. Rita Braswell says:

I will be hosting the OBS for “When Women Say Yes to God” in my home in a couple of weeks. I’m so excited! I have 10 girlfriends that will be sharing what God has prepared for us through this study. I just can’t wait to see what HE has planned for us. Rita Braswell, Bainbridge, Ga.

11. This will be my first OBS and I am looking forward to it!

12. Alycia Green says:

This will be my first OBS, andi can’t wait to be a part! I wish that I could’ve participated in the others that you’ve had in the past also! There are several that I think would definitely apply to my life. Just reading the titles, I Used To Be So Organized, Let. It. Go., A Confident Heart, Stressed-Less Living and Hidden Joy, make me anxious to begin! All of those titles both stand out to me and speak to my heart because I feel like those are all areas in my life that I am struggling with in some way.
    I enjoyed the ‘real life’ part of your video also! It made me smile! I have six children myself, and if I ever tried to do a Video Blog??? My background noise would be far from elevator music! (Smiles)
    Looking forward to What Happens When. Women Say Yes To God OBS!

13. Just joined up on this website and love the videos!!! Love so much how your family get involved, that is so awesome, that would never happen in my home, and that is why I need this online Bible Study so much, I need some support and friendship. I am so excited!!!! Can’t wait for Say Yes to God Online Bible Study!!! I love all the sites , and everything your all about…..Lisa Gane

14. I am really excited about starting this Bible Study. I have done some other studies with Girlfriends in God and I have enjoyed them. The fellowship with other women around the world is great!

15. Melissa, may the blessing of God be upon you always and may HE continue to prosper the ministry in every way. I newly joint and very excited about starting this bible study.Thank you for what you are doing, encouraging us women i look forward to reading everyday.May God strengthen you as you walk in obedience to your calling. love you.

16. Janet Smith says:

This is my first Bible Study and I am looking forward to it. I am so thankful that you are giving the Bible studies. I have been reading your book, Reading it makes me want to learn about saying “yes” to God.

17. Peggy Dalton says:

Melissa,

I was going through some tough stuff in my life about a year and a half ago and found you and your OBS. I can not begin to tell you how you and your bible studies helped me get through that dark time. You were always so real and so encouraging. You made me laugh and your made me cry. You gave me hope. You gave me reason to keep believing. I feel God was using you to talk to me, until I was ready to listen to God for myself. I will make the move because I have to, but to me, this OBS will always be Melissa Taylor’s OBS. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have truly been an inspiration to me. God bless you!
    Peggy Dalton

18. So glad to be participating in this study. I ordered my book for Kindle. I will be returning from vacation on the 4th of August so I hope I will not miss anything!

19. I am new here, so please bear with me if I ask a dumb question. Im waiting for my book,once it gets here were do I go for the online classes. Im not sure how this works..Thanking God and praying for the strength to stick to these classes

20. Becky Prince says:

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful items I won!! I can’t even begin to explain the excitment going on in my heart right now!! I truly wanted to win this prize, as I wanted each item described, but I couldn’t afford them at this time, so this is a true blessing from the Lord. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    God Bless,
    Becky

21. nikki gamble says:

This will be my first OBS. Very excited. There are so many great devos, studies. Wish I could read all day all of them, but there is life as a parent, wife, & work. Can’t wait to get the book & start!

22. I started my first OBS with Unglued during a very difficult time in my life last summer after a horrible break up. That study was immensely helpful in helping me get my emotions in check and opened up a whole new world of personal growth through growing my relationship with God. I’ve done a few more thought the year and am so looking forward to Saying Yes to Gd starting on August 4. Thank you Melissa and your team, you have no idea all you have done for me!