Jul 20

A Bittersweet Move

A little over two years ago, I started Online Bible Studies on my blog, but before that this space was just my blog.  A place where I invited ladies into my life and we would just share life experiences. It was casual, but I did have a purpose in mind. From the beginning, I wanted every person who visited me on my blog, to leave with hope.

Monday, July 22,2013, Online Bible Studies will be moving off of my blog. OBS has a beautiful new home with all the bells and whistles over on the Proverbs 31 Website. I am so excited about this move. What started with small beginnings has evolved into a world-wide gathering of women. We’ve had 92,000 sign ups on OBS in just a little over two years. I’m so proud of this. Not in a boastful way. I’m bragging on the Lord. He is amazing.

And I’m proud of you too. Because you have committed to study the Bible through life changing topical Bible study books, a one of a kind community has formed. It wouldn’t and couldn’t have happened without you.  Thank you. I love you. I pray for you. And I’m so blessed that I get to do life with you, my Bible study group.

We’ve always kept it real around here, so why stop now. While recording my “farewell” video, life got crazy.(kids,dogs, photo bomb.Need I say more?) I could and probably should have done this over. But we’re all friends, right?

Moving Forward:

Online Bible Studies will be saying good-bye to this home, but Melissa Taylor will not. For the next month, I’ll be working to update this site where I will return to blogging regularly about life’s happenings and God’s hope and goodness again. I want to invite you all to come back and visit real soon.

If you are signed up for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God (meaning you filled out the form in the right column of this blog) then you will receive Proverbs 31 OBS updates directly to your email. Or you can go directly to the new OBS site here:  http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/.

Would you leave me a message today? Maybe just a prayer, encouraging words, or what Online Bible Studies has meant to you. That would mean a lot to me.

Hope to see all of you at our new home and I look forward to some personal visits from you back here as well.

Love & Blessings!

Winner of the Lysa TerKeurst Prize Pack:

Becky Prince, email beginning becky_prince24

Comments

1. Catherine says:

God has used/uses you well. Thank you!

2. Melissa,
    It has been such a pleasure to participate in OBS on your site! You are always so gracious and welcoming. The move to P31 website is a great idea because now we can visit with you on 2 sites – yours and P31.
    You are a blessing to me and to all of the OBS women. I hope to meet you this week at She Speaks!

Edwina

3. Hilda Quintanilla says:

I’ve fallen in love with your heart for The Lord!

4. Carolyn says:

Thank you, Melissa. I know God has used this blog as a valuable tool in furthering His kingdom. Many lives have been touched. May He continue to bless you and OBS.

5. Jennifer says:

I have been blessed by the studies I have participated in with this group, but the one thing I truly want to thank you for is not being afraid anymore of the judgment seat of Christ – the link that you provided blessed me in an incredible way, and now I look forward to the opportunity to work with my Abba on a daily basis now on becoming who He created me to be, and understanding better one day how He was able to use my obedience while here on earth.

Much love,
    Jennifer

6. Stephanie Simpson says:

Hello, I am looking forward to starting OBS and I am thankful that a friend from church shared this with me and I feel the move will be a good one. Especially if you are able to reach and touch all the women that have and will be in the future. I will be chatting with you soon and have you and the OBS in my prayers.

Stephanie

• Barbara Prince OBS Small Group Leader/Prayer Team says:

Stephanie, you will love the heart of all the team of P31 OBS. Everyone of them have hearts for bring Real Life to women around the world. I want you to know we are honored to serve you. You will find that Melissa is totally real!
      Blessing my sister!

7. Melissa, these Bible Studies have changed my life in amazing ways. I’m so thankful for the day I was introduced to them. Thank you, Melissa.

8. Michele Caseca says:

Great move for greater things our Lord will make through you and in you!
    Sorry I’ve been away for a while… I’ve been too busy loving my baby daughter.
    I love you Mel,

Mi

9. Melissa, I want to thank you for this blog, you were there when I felt low and needing encouragement and I came across your blog. Thank you… And now today I have completed 6 of your online bible studies, where in my own town I haven’t been to one. Thank you for your truth, honesty, and obedience to God..

• Barbara Prince OBS Small Group Leader/Prayer Team says:

Tamara, I’m also glad you found OBS. I know it has changed my life in some amazing ways.
      Praying you are continually blessed as you continue your journey with us.

10. Debra Harper says:

You have helped me through some trying times and I have enjoyed the Bible studies I have done with you. I am not one to get involved by communicating. However, I have enjoyed your blog and others responses. I am growing in the Lord. Thank you for helping me by guiding me through these times and now. May the Lord continue to use you. Peace and Love.

11. Aw…I am totally new to you and OBS…but I am touched by how you really do honestly “keep it real”. I thank The Lord for it. That quality challenges and humbles me. Asking our Father to comfort you in your innermost being as inky He can. Blessings…

12. LOL …that was ONLY he can! ;->

• Barbara Prince OBS Small Group Leader/Prayer Team says:

Carol, like we say, it’s just “real” here at OBS. We are more alike than we really know. I think that the realization of that has made it possible for us, or at least for me, to open my heart so that others can see my areas of hurt and pain and then know that God brings healing and blessing to the broken.

13. JL Self says:

I can’t begin to tell you what all my first OBS did for my life in this comment but I will give you a highlight. It has drawn me out to experience life with other Christians. I am a loner by nature and I too don’t do social events and being around large groups of people other than work related events..Even then I push through and hated every minute of them. After I became a member of my first OBS on this blog and a Facebook small group where I began sharing the experience of the first book. I began to open up and to share pieces of my life not just about the book with those wonderful ladies and you, As I began to open up more and more I even went on our local Walk to Emmaus this Spring. Wow ! My boys were shocked. I pretty much worked and came home. Now I make time for a small Emmaus Reunion group each Monday night and another small community group on Saturday nights. My life is opening up and I am trying to deal with my personal issues that have been holding me back. I had been praying about it for years but just setting in my home with the door locked to the outside world other than work and church. Now because God drew me to your blog on this very page and HE used my love for books to get me to sign up for the Unglued Study my life will never be the same. Your encouragement has meant the world to me and I can’t thank you enough for opening up a world on Facebook with my amazing group. We check on each other and we pray for one another and we have even bought books for those who were having a tough time. During the storms that hit the town of Moore just to the North of me 80 miles I checked on my Sister Facebook OBS member who lives and works in that area through the page and we prayed for her and all those who were involved. It was amazing how something so simple as reading a book and sharing has touched my life… God has truely used you Melissa to bless me! Thank you will never be enough!! But here goes….Thank you!!!!

14. Lindsay says:

I think its really hard to quantify what these groups have meant to me. They got me through the last year and a half. They have deepened my relationship with God. It’s unquantifiable. It’s been a life line

15. The P31 OBS’s have literally changed my life. I was such a down, depressed, crazy emotional women wondering how I had become that way. I felt so far from God and longed to be so close to him. I was stuck and felt like I would be that way forever. Then I heard about P31 and their daily devotionals. Every day what I read was encouraging and struck my heart strings. Then soon after I heard about OBS. I was reluctant to the very first one I heard of, so I didn’t do it. Then you did “Unglued” and I was like “Alright God, I REALLY need this book!” so I signed up. And I
    Be done each one since then. I have grown so close to God through these studies. I’ve grown closer to my husband and my son because I’m learning to be a better wife and mother! :) So thank you, Melissa Taylor and everyone else involved in doing OBS. You are all seriously the best and I wish I could hug all of you! :) But, I love in Illinois, which is far from you all so a virtual hug will have to do! *HUG*

16. Kenda Hill says:

Thank you for pursuing the dream God placed in your heart. I am so looking forward to the “Say Yes” obs. Blessings to you!

17. Kenda Hill says:

P.S. I love that you didn’t redo your video. That is the real life we are all living together!

18. Dorothy says:

Melissa, Thank you for all of God’s work that you
    do! God has great plans for you still! The first OBS I
    ever did was with you and now I am hooked! I am
    looking forward to seeing your new blog site and doing
    life with you! Blessings to you and your family!

19. Melissa, your video was awesome! Thanks for being real. I’m so glad you are leading our next online Bible study. You do a fantastic job as you encourage us to grow in our faith & to love Jesus & to know His deep love for us in our personal lives. Gratefully with hugs, Juleen

20. Blessings to you Melissa!!

21. Thank you for being obedient to God’s leading. You are blessed to be a blessing. It is obvious that your strength, love and determination to serve your sisters-in-Christ is genuine. May God continue to use you in a powerful way.

22. Martha F. says:

Hey Melissa,
    I stumbled upon your blog a couple of years ago after hearing Lysa TerKeurst’s spot on my local Christian radio station mentioning Proverbs31 Ministry. Anyway, that was 4 studies ago & then 2 studies ago, I joined a small Facebook group which has further enhanced the OBS! I LOVE the ministry here and will definitely visit your new blog when you get it going. I look forward to future studies with you! You fill a void for me b/c my local small church doesn’t offer a Bible study group. Thank you for following God & touching so many lives for Him! God bless you! ((Hugs))

23. Christa H.(OBS Real Life in the Gap Leader) says:

Amazing what God has done with one Jesus-girl with a blog who said YES. I can’t wait to see what He does when over 18,000 of us say Yes! Melissa, you have inspired us, loved us, nourished us….been Jesus with skin on. I’m so thankful for OBS in my life.

24. I am sad to see you go but am glad you are getting to have another growing experience. I have gleamed so much from each of your blogs and OBS. I wish you were here, I’d give you a hug and sit down in a rocker and have a huge glass of sweet ice tea with you and just laugh and praise the Lord, together. Thank you , so much more than I can ever really say. I wish I could point out each and every item or gem that has helped me along the way, but I can’t there is just too many of them. I have even passed them along to others. God has blessed you and you have multiplied God’s blessings that He has given you. THANK YOU, JESUS!!!!AMEN and AMEN and AMEN. Hugs to you from Texas!!!!!!!!

25. Kyndra (OBS Leader) says:

So thankful that you said Yes to God and started this OBS, and am SUPER excited about the move to the P31 website! These studies have definitely challenged me, pulled me from my comfort zone of hiding in the shadows to being a leader among a FABULOUS group of REAL women! I joined OBS just hoping to be able to finish one study, that was the beginning of 2012! AND…I’ve finished every study thanks be to God! God works wonders when we allow him to work through us–thank you Melissa for doing just that! :)

26. Deborah Dean says:

Dear Lysa,
    I want to thank you for your boldness and commitment to OBS and Proverbs 31. It has meant so much to me. I have taken several studies and literally has been a life line for keeping my relationship with Christ. I moved two years ago and still have not felt at home at any church and many times just wanted to give up on looking or going to church. Just reading the daily devotionals or reading the chapters in a study has encouraged me not to throw in the towel. You will just never know what it has meant to my spiritual walk. Thank you so much.
    Love in Christ,
    Deborah Dean

27. Blessings to you, my sister. :)

28. Deborah Dean says:

Dear Melissa,
    Oops sorry, I meant to both you and Lysa.
    Deborah Dean

29. Melissa,
    Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you do for the OBS! God is just expanding your ministry and allowing you to continue with OBS and blog hope at the same time. He he widening your borders and I know you will be blessed and you will spread that blessing on to others! I am excited for you!

30. Thank you for having been the Lord’s helper in letting me know about the online Bible studies! I am signed up and ready to begin my first, When Women Say Yes to God. This comes during a time in my life when everything is turned upside down and I need to find out exactly what God wants me to do with my life. Best wishes in your blog as you continue to give women hope.

31. Thank you Melissa for all that you’ve done. I just starting following you with the SLL OBS, and have come to love getting the messages from you and the PS31 team. It’s amazing what God has done through you guys! I look forward to staying connected with you for years to come. Thanks again!

Lisa

• Barbara Prince OBS Small Group Leader/Prayer Team says:

Lisa, I so glad you found OBS. I know that in the 3 studies I’ve done to date, I’ve been stretched in ways I didn’t expect and I been loved and accepted. I just love Melissa Taylor and the whole team at P31.

32. You are truly an inspiration to all of us who have participated in your OBS along the way. My life has been enriched by your guidance. Congratulations to you and to your new beginnings. I will certainly be following you along the way. You have moved me to begin my own journey where I hope to bring the healing message of faith to all. God’s blessings to you…..

33. aw melissa, i love you, i love your heart and i love that you have shown us the REAL you, excema, dogs, kids, craziness!
    you have given me a group of women whom i can grow alongside. They are women i probably wouldn’t have known otherwise. i love the topics, the gentle teachings, and the world wide community that helps me see just how very big God’s girls span this globe!

34. Hi Melissa! What The Lord has done through you is amazing!! I was somewhat distant from The Lord and I now feel closer and have learned a lot through OBS. Than you!!!!

35. Mary Gay says:

I have been blessed by these studies and I know there are more blessings to come as I stay faithful…. Not quite there yet, but on my way.

Amazed at how God is using you Melissa. If more people would only say YES TO GOD, (including myself) I bet we would be amazed at how He could use us too!!! Ready to dig into the next study and enjoy the beautiful, fresh, new site!!!

Hugs and best of luck!!!
    Mary

36. Tonya Norris-Wile says:

I just did my first OBS with The Stressed Less Living book and God knew I sincerely needed to be with all of you. I have had a lot of serious food allergy issues that was causing Serious health issues and my husband has been out of a job since April (this is Still an ongoing prayer request as he still is unemployed)! Thank you SO much for your sincere heart! I just talked to my son who recently moved to South Carolina and he is running your sound at the She Speaks conference! His name is Cory Norris so if you need anything ask for him, tell him your mom said that he would take care of you!! I sure wish I could be there, but Tucson is a Long ways away. God bless and

have an awesome conference! Tonya Norris-Wile

37. OBS has radically changed my life. I had been hoping and praying for real connections with women of God, women writers, and women in general who I related to and could share in the journey with. When I got started with Let. It. Go earlier this year, I had no idea what to expect or where God was taking me but I hadn’t in my wildest dreams believed it would be here. Thank you so much Melissa for pushing past your fear and saying yes to God by starting OBS, and thank you for the journey so far. I can’t wait to see where God is going to take you, OBS, and all us women next. How exciting!!!

38. I thought that was so funny and so real! It definitely lets me know you are a real person with a real family :) I have only just discovered your online bible studies since we’ve moved halfway around the world to the Middle East, but I am so thankful for it. Its been a difficult transition for my faith and I was praying to find something like this so I can connect with other women and grow in the Lord, so THANK YOU for allowing God to work in your life!

39. You are an inspiration! I have made so many new friends through the OBS! It is helping me become closer to God. The fact you are so “real” is reassuring to me as a new follower that everyday is not perfect but that we get a new start at the beginning of each day. God bless you and please don’t ever stop what your doing.

40. Karen R. says:

I cannot even begin to tell how much your OBS has filled a void in my life! You are truly a blessing and just knowing there are others out there struggling with the same issues I have is truly humbling. Your servants heart has so overwhelmed me at times and given me something to aspire to! Thanks so very much Melissa!!

Lord, right now I pray for Melissa and the new home for OBS. I pray that you will continue to bless Melissa and the rest of the staff and the wonderful women from all over the world that are coming together to grow closer to you. May you make this transition a smooth one and continue to be here with us! In Jesus name, Amen!!

Love ya Melissa!!!
    ~Karen R.

41. Oh Melissa I remember when this was just your personal blog site & now how amazing it is to see all that God has done through you as you seek to follow Him! I love the new P31 site & can’t wait to see all that He does for P31OBS now that it will be on the P31 site. Blessings to you my friend. Praying for you this week as you make last minute preparations for She Speaks! Hope to be there again soon!

42. Thank you for being faithful.
    Maria

43. Melissa,
    I Thank God for all that you are doing for myself and so many other women. I was going thru things in my life and taking care of my mom and was unable to attend physical bible studies which is all I knew BUT God let me be a part of this and I am so GRATEFUL!!! Thank you for ALL YOUR ENCOURGEMENT and be blessed!! O and P.S. did I mention I don’t know much about computers and blogging but am learning lol

44. What a safe place I’ve found here! And so many friends! I’m excited about the move for OBS and the new things that are going to happen here on your blog! It’s a new season…it’s a new day…fresh anointing coming your way (can you hear me singing? lol) Love you!

45. Jolene Gunnink says:

Hi – I’ve seen your studies through Facebook posts of friends over the last year. I am a newbie to OBS and have signed up for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I am so thankful for your leadership to pull this all together and to have it feel like a community. Here’s to the next eight weeks!

46. Can’t thank you enough for all you do Melissa. Your service and obedience to the Lord and your ministry here has touched my life so powerfully. Thank you.

47. Melissa even though it is bittersweet, I think it’s so awesome on how God has used you to reach so many. You are such a blessing to us all. Can not wait for study to start.

48. Melissa,

Thanks for yielding yourself to be used as a vessel by God. The OBS have been awesome & the books have really been great reads. They are very inspiring and life changing. Especially knowing we don’t have to already be there & we get do overs. It’s good to know that there are Christian women who are dealing with some of the same issues and they can be real about them. I enjoyed your blog and wish you all God’s blessings and favor over you and your family life.

49. Malisa Sickmiller says:

Dear Melissa:
    Be encouraged.. God is working on the midst! I am a fist timer of OBS! “Saying Yes! To God ” will be my first online study. Looking forward! God gives us strength as His Word say. My prayer for you is to be refreshed, re fired and refueled in the Lord. God has new things in store for you.. And all of us that “wait upon the Lord!”
    God bless you richly!
    MaLISA
    Friendswood, Texas

50. Kelly baker says:

I’m a little saddened because I didn’t have the chance to get close to you on here like several others did. This is my first time as an OBS girl and I cannot wait!!! Y’all already feel like family :))). See ya on Proverbs 31 though!!!