Friday, August 24th, 2012
Online Bible Studies
Stressed Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World
with Melissa Taylor – starts April 7th
Sign up for this study on the right side of this page, under the Stressed-Less Living Book cover.
Do you wake up every morning feeling frazzled and overwhelmed, before you even get out of bed? Does peace seem impossible given the stress of your job, marriage, parenting, money or personal situations?
If so, then you are not alone. Millions of women are living in a state of chronic stress, and although there are no quick fixes, you can have peace in the midst of stressful circumstances, even if life feels out of control. Through this study, you will learn to:
• Overcome the stronghold of anxiety and stress by embracing biblical
stress relief tips
• Recognize the effects stress has on you and be motivated to make a
change which could save your life
• Stop being addicted to busyness and start learning to rest in Jesus
• Learn how to have joy even when your job is not joyful
• Reduce marital stress by surrendering your marriage to Christ
• Find calm in the chaos of life by embracing the peace-full promises
of God’s Word
Everyone who orders their book from Proverbs 31 Ministries will receive a signed copy of Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles, and access to download Tracie’s Stressed Less-Living 50 page bible study guide FOR FREE! Promotion for signed copy and free bible study guide ends on April 20th so don’t delay!
This online Bible study includes daily interaction consisting of: Bible study, reading assignments, chapter discussion, video messages, blog hop, prayer, and optional conference call series. Join women from all over the world and together we will journey to find God’s peace for us.
Register for the Stressed-Less Living Conference Call Series here. (limited space available)
Stressed-Less Living Online Bible Study
What You Must Know
1. The study takes place at http://melissataylor.org. This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter are just options. The study is not run on Facebook and you do not have to have Facebook or Twitter to do this study. Only my blog. You may hear me refer to FB and Twitter on occasion, I use them as supplements and free options for more interaction.
2. Every Sunday, beginning April 7, 2013, the Stressed-Less Living Suggested Assignments for that week will be posted at http://melissataylor.org . You can give yourself a reminder to check my blog daily or sign up to receive my blog via email. This sign up is different than signing up for the Stressed-Less Living Bible Study. Look UNDER my picture in the right column. You should see a place to subscribe to my blog posts via Feedburner or Email. I suggest email. That way the study will always come to you and you don’t have to remember to come to it. It is up to you to check for the weekly assignments. If you have ANY problems understanding how to do this, just ask. (There is no certain time of day that you have to check my blog, check it at your convenience. That’s the beauty of an online study!)
3. There will be useful content on my blog pertaining to the Stressed-Less Living study all during the week. I highly encourage blog participation. This is where worldwide community takes place. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages, and opportunities for anyone who blogs about Stressed-Less Living to share their blog post weekly. You have to visit my blog daily or subscribe to the posts (see #2) in order to access everything the study offers.
4. You must have the Stressed-Less Living book in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other Stressed-Less Living materials at all, but you do need the book. You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold. We have plenty here at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Click here to purchase Stressed-Less Living. Author, Tracie Miles will be coming into the office to personally sign each book that is purchased through Proverbs 31!
5. Other items that will be helpful for this study: a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, and highlighter.
6. You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. As your Bible Study Leader, I will be encouraging you to keep up with our schedule (1 chapter per week) by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up. To me that means you are making a real commitment to this study. You can do this! Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!
7. Online Bible Study Archives~ If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear. Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our archives. Just below the Proverbs 31 Ministries logo in the right column, you will see “Online Bible Study Archives.” Click “Stressed-Less Living” and you will find all posts pertaining to this OBS. Practice and make sure you understand this now.
8. Our OBS Team wants to hear from you. There are many ladies who work behind the scenes to make sure this all comes together. Please share with us in the comment section during the study. We love to hear from you and it lets us know we aren’t alone. We desire real life community. We need you. You are a valuable part of this OBS.
A Look Ahead:
Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles~ begins April 7th. Sign ups are happening now!
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst~ begins July 28th
A Confident Heart by Renee Swope~ begins October 9th
How I Feel About Studying the Bible with Others~and why I’d like you to join me.
It’s changed my life time and time again. I’ve grown closer to God, closer to the ones I’m with, and made lifelong friends. I’ve learned to be content and now I know what freedom feels like. I have hope even when my relationships and circumstances are failing. What am I talking about? I’m talking about the benefits of joining and participating in a Bible study group. Not just any Bible study group, but a real life, real problems, no mask wearing allowed Bible study group. One where you can be yourself and know that you are loved and cared for NO MATTER WHAT. Bible study has been a priority in my life for years. The women I’ve studied with have become like sisters and have been the Jesus with skin on I’ve needed in my life. They’ve encouraged me, held me accountable, and spoken real Truth to me when I’ve needed it most. Through the books we’ve studied together (all based on the best book, the Bible), we’ve grown in many ways, but especially in our personal relationship with Jesus. Life changing I tell ya! I want to share this experience with you. If you’ve wanted to be a part of something like this, I invite you to join me and other women just like us, from all over the world as we dive into the Truth that will give us Real Hope for Real Life today. You can join me for one, two, or all of the upcoming studies I’ll be leading online this year. I look forward to getting to know you and studying God’s Word as we apply it to our lives together. Love and Blessings,
Previous Online Bible Studies:
Greater, by Steven Furtick – November, 2012
Unglued, by Lysa TerKeurst – September, 2012
I Used to Be So Organized, by Glynnis Whitwer – June, 2012
An Untroubled Heart, by Micca Campbell – March, 2012
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst – January, 2012
A Confident Heart, by Renee Swope – September, 2011
Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner, by Wendy Blight – June, 2011
It’s No Secret, by Rachel Olsen- March, 2011
Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst – January, 2011